Economy Ministry is hiding the new Tax Code from the public. The Public Council under the Ministry made such a conclusion.
Its representatives have officially appealed to the Prime Minister and the Minister of Economy. Activists demand to hold public hearings on the proposed amendments to the Tax Code.
On December 6 the Ministry of Economics has published a new edition of the Tax Code at the sites of the Ministry and the government for discussion.
Name of the project on amendment of the Tax Code contains a list of a number of legislative acts. As a result, it is not clear what it is proposed to change in the code.
The package, posted on the website of the Ministry and the Government, has no comparative table. Because of this, it is not clear what has changed in the code.
Also in the project are missing:
- the list of persons and organizations involved in the design, as well as with whom the project previously agreed upon;
- financial and economic calculations, conclusions of expertise;
- statistical data;
- monitoring information and evaluation of legislation in the sphere of social relations, which will regulate the project developed;
- forecast of possible social, economic, legal and other consequences of action prepared by the regulatory legal act;
- regulatory impact analysis.
"At a meeting in the Ministry of Economy on December 7, Deputy Economy Minister Bakkeldi Tyumenbaev said that when developing the project, all the proposals of business associations taken into account. To do this, we held about 12 meetings. The presented for public discussion draft has no data about the list of association," the Public Council reported.
The Public Council finds it necessary to schedule the public hearings of the draft new edition of the Tax Code. It is recommended to discuss it more than one month, as long as such a lengthy document should be studied in detail.