"The liquidation of the CIS is out of the question," Chairman of Executive Committee of the summit of Heads of State Sergey Lebedev said today.
According to him, during the meeting in narrow and extended formats all the heads of the CIS countries noted the relevance of conservation organization, its development and improvement of its performance. He added that it is necessary to keep pace with the times, and each year, comparing joint steps in accordance with the situation, to adjust the plans for further development.
"There were made four main statements during the summit. In the first, on the 25th anniversary, is given an assessment of what is happening in the CIS and emphasized the need to unite. Signed a statement of the global fight against drugs, combating international terrorism and the statement of the 70th anniversary of the completion of the Nuremberg Tribunal," Sergey Lebedev said.
Total - without further discussion - the head of the CIS signed 15 documents:
- About holding the census in 2020;
- On Declaring 2017 the Year of Family, 2018 - the Year of Culture;
- Statement of the Heads of State on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the completion of the Nuremberg Tribunal;
- On implementation in 2017 of the interstate program "Cultural capitals of the Commonwealth" in Azerbaijan;
- On the Convention on inter-regional cooperation;
- On the program of cooperation in the fight against terrorism and other violent manifestations of extremism for 2017-2019 years;
- On the program of cooperation in the fight against crime committed through the use of information technology in 2016-2020 years;
- On protocol of implementation of an agreement on the protection of participants in criminal proceedings dated November 28, 2006 on the reimbursement of costs associated with the implementation of protection measures;
- On amendments to the Statute of the Interstate program "Cultural capitals of the Commonwealth";
- On the project of statement of heads of state on further joint efforts to combat international terrorism;
- On the statement of Heads of State on the results of the special session of the General Assembly on the world drug problem.
Sergey Lebedev praised the organization of the jubilee summit in Kyrgyzstan and wished the people of the Kyrgyz Republic further development and prosperity.