Ministry of Economy believes that Kyrgyzstan joined the EEU on time and on favorable terms, Deputy Economy Minister Almaz Sazbakov said today at the conference.
He noted that Kyrgyzstan, when joining the Eurasian Economic Union, has received a number of easing of some requirements and preferences. Among the most favorable conditions in the Economy Ministry's opinion are:
- Removal of customs control.
- Elimination of sanitary and phytosanitary control.
- Creation of Russian-Kyrgyz Development Fund.
- Acceptance of terms of transition periods, including the technical regulation issues.
- Allocation of funds to equip veterinary and phytosanitary laboratories and posts.
- Giving preference to various positions.
- Kyrgyzstan's share in the EEU single coin box was defined at 1.9 percent, whereas for Armenia the figure is only 1.1 percent.
- Exemption from customs duties on the import of equipment for infrastructure projects.
- Determining the list of temporary exemptions on customs tariff on 160 commodity items.
Almaz Sazbakov noted that one year after the formal entry of the Kyrgyz Republic to the EEU, one can talk not only about the positive aspects, but also about problems.
One problem is the removal of veterinary inspection at the border with Kazakhstan. The KR regularly raises this issue, performs the necessary actions, but the posts are not removed.
Our entrepreneurs, who are engaged in the import and export of goods, have suffered from the inability to use the unified railway tariffs. We approved an agreement with Kazakhstan, but it hasn't been signed yet," Almaz Sazbakov noted.
After the removal of customs checkpoints on the Kyrgyz-Kazakh border, the republic faced the problem of deterioration of the reliability of the statistics records.