In 2014 in light of recent events in the former Soviet Union the anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War is perceived in a special way. We start to appreciate what previously perceived for granted. But it is obvious, that fascism is not completely eradicated. It is hidden and can appear again when occasion offers. Generation has grown up not remembering and respecting the history and money for them - more important thing than the ideals of internationalism.
Fascism isn't observed in Kyrgyzstan yet. But in a country where more than a third of the population lives below the poverty line, social outcries often lead to serious consequences. Some are willing to accept any ideology within generous promises. With the question of what should be done to prevent fascism in Kyrgyzstan, 24.kg news agency addressed to the respondents.
Igor Trofimov, the Head of the Human Rights Center named after St. Sergius of Radonezh and Manas Magnanimous:
-We shouldn't do anything. Compassion, which our grandparents give us in the upbringing of children, is imperturbable. I think we will never have fascism. The people are very kind, they are able to tolerate and forgive, which means we are invincible!
Abdygul Chotbayev, Colonel General:
- It is necessary to advocate for a national issue not to be raised and not divide people according to nationality. We need to promote heroism of the Soviet soldiers in the Great Patriotic War, not allow the situation in Ukraine to be observed here, where Banderists began to perk up and depreciate the merits of veterans.
We must educate the younger generation in the spirit of patriotism, national harmony and friendship. And politicians, who are trying to stir the pot, it is worth thinking over whose order they execute.
Alexandra Sandakova, pensioner:
- In Soviet times we believed that a man should give all he has to his country and people, he received education not for himself, but for the benefit of society. And today, in order to avoid negative effects, it is necessary to conduct patriotic education, impart a sense of community to children. People should know: they are representatives of society. They are responsible not only for themselves but also for those who are close to them.
Those who are in power do everything to make people feel happy in their country, and even did not think to go somewhere. There should be ideology and defined goals. We must know where we are going. We went away from the communist system, but what's next? There is only one thing on mind: how to survive. Man does not live by bread alone!
Nurlan Tokonoev, the President of Kyrgyz Sambo Federation:
- The first thing is the ideological education of youth in the benefit of the country, state, family, street... It should be taken in with mother's milk!
I do not see problems with fascism in Kyrgyzstan at present times. I think today youth is competent, striving for education; there are a lot of smart and intelligent young people. And the older generation can teach. We, on our side, should impart young people to love for the motherland.
Tatyana Odnoburtseva, resident of Bishkek:
- I think the problems arise from the disorder in human life. In our country there is a big difference between rich and poor. Available to The poor can't get such necessary things as decent education and health services. There aren't enough working places. If we solve these problems, the risk of tensions will decrease significantly.
Alybek Akunov, political scientist, head of the department of philosophy and sociological research, Kyrgyz State Technical University (KSTU) named after I.Razzakov:
-The main condition for combating fascism is the activity of society, participation in elections in order not to allow authoritarian parties and movements to come to power. We shouldn't sell our votes in the elections. Authoritarian regime - this condition for creation of fascist regime. No less important condition to counter fascism - tolerance, tolerant attitude of one nation to another. Each individual, each family should be actively involved in public life, to not allow the forces to professing fascist views come to power.
Gregory Zavalishin, veteran of the Great Patriotic War:
-Fascism has always been and probably always will be. To counter this phenomenon, it is necessary to take timely measures to suppress its manifestations, when they have not yet gained strength, and then it will be too late. Examples are the events in Ukraine, where the government failed to take timely actions against the radicals, and now people can not cope with them. It is necessary to conduct continual, painstaking work on revealing their units just stopping their activities.
Aksana Orozbaeva, the adviser in "SOS - Children's Village" family care:
- I think that there isn't fascism in Kyrgyzstan. We have very peaceful, tolerant people. If some forces will promote the ideas of fascism, they will not be supported by people.
Cholpon Osmonova, CEO of the Center for Support of Migrants in Moscow (Russia):
- At first, we must strengthen our "kitchen garden", the unity of the people is very important and we should live in peace with neighbors. But the main thing depends on the government - it should not prevent fascism in our state. And our people are tolerant. And we must always remember that our ancestors gave their lives to defend peace, defeated fascism in the Great Patriotic War.