The past year was eventful for Kyrgyzstan. The country became a full member of the EEU, survived the next parliamentary elections, the Kyrgyz som is unstable because of the weakening currencies of neighboring countries. Activity of terrorist organizations increased in the world, the adherents of which penetrated to Kyrgyzstan.
Ordinary citizens are lost in guesses what to expect from 2016, whether Kyrgyzstan is able to confront international threats, whether the economy will survive the onslaught of external factors. 24.kg news agency decided to ask experts and representatives of civil society, what do they expect.
Alexander Zelichenko, expert:
- The problem of security and order in Kyrgyzstan is at the forefront. And a lot is being done for this. The population, except for vulnerable sectors, must take care of themselves within legal boundaries.
I don't see a clear solution to the problem of terrorism and extremism, but one thing I can say clearly - it will be a difficult year.
- Are we ready to present-day threats?
- It is impossible to be truly ready to them. We see panic even in countries that have cut teeth on this matter.
I was shocked when heard about the sexual assault and robbery during the New Year celebrations in Cologne. Bundeswehr is " a machine," for which there are no impossible tasks. At this time, the police were powerless. I hope that our law enforcement agencies are ready for any threats.
I would recommend the government to concentrate and determine priority areas. First of all, we should solve problems in health care. Simple antibiotic costs 500 soms, it is outrageous situation.
Adilet Aitikeev, journalist:
- I expect a big change in the state. Although now there is deterioration in the economic situation of the country, the people's anxiety is growing.
- Do you think there will be a revolution?
- I hope not.
Kubatbek Boronov, Minister of Emergency Situations of the KR:
- General Assembly of International Civil Defence Organizations will be held in May, heads of the emergency departments will come to Kyrgyzstan.
In addition, we will carry out protective, preventive measures, trainings. Also apartment house is being built for emergency workers.
- Recently, there are more and more talks about the possibility of revolution, what do you think about this?
- There are no prerequisites for a revolution. No matter what, there are progressive developments in improving the lives of the population.
Anara Dautalieva, human rights activist:
- I'm worried about the decisions taken by our government, in particular, election of the Ombudsman. The government of Temir Sariev is frantically trying to cover the budget deficit by proposing to return the casinos.
I don't understand what is happening in the country, there is concern for the future of the state, there is no stability.
Bermet Baryktabasova, consultant of the Ministry of Health Care of the KR:
- I drew up a personal plan in which many is associated with the future of domestic medicine. There are areas that should be lifted from the ground, and it should be implemented now.
- Which directions?
- It is necessary to introduce the international classification of disability, which exists in other countries for about 10 years. In Kyrgyzstan there are about 160,000 people with disabilities, but there is no system for returning them to life.
Also one should raise the palliative care (system of measures aimed at maintaining the quality of life of patients with incurable, life-threatening and debilitating diseases). For example, basing on the needs of the country, we need a few tons of morphine, but in fact there are about 200 kg.
In addition, the standards of care for children to protect them from violence, raising of geriatrics (health of the elderly) must be clearly described.
This year we launched a big work for the eradication of torture and abuse in state agencies. We intend to distribute in the health care institutions magazines and forms, which will record the acts of violence, then the information will be sent to the police.
Kadyr Malikov, theologist:
- It will be a difficult year in economic and social terms, so we need to prepare for that. The most important thing now is to preserve peace and stability in Kyrgyzstan and citizens must understand this, be more tolerant and work productively.
Considering the threat of terrorism, it is necessary to work with young people in the information and ideological direction, to raise the spiritual, the intellectual level of the population. Now there is the gradual marginalization of society. Aggression is felt at the streets. Once again, it is necessary to raise the cultural and moral values of the people. And everyone has to start from himself.
Bakytbek Choibekov, chairman of the Association of Exchange Offices "Alliance":
- The main expectation is stability, peace and prosperity. I am positive-minded.
- What are the forecasts for the currency exchange rate?
- According to analysts, we had just 28-30 percent fall of the currency last year,, in other countries - 50 percent. In 2016, for our part, we will try to lobby the interests of the state.
- In what area recovery and development are expected?
- Experts point out that due to the deterioration of relations between Russia and Turkey, many Russians will choose Issyk-Kul for recreation, a large influx of tourists is expected.
- Some people say about the growing popular unrest, are there concerns about a revolution?
- Indeed, there is little anxiety in the society, but I urge people not to take drastic measures.