Former Attorney General, now a deputy of the Parliament Aida Salyanova when discussing the new draft Criminal Code of the Kyrgyz Republic has proposed to conduct a survey among children and find out what they know about terrorism. It turned out that they only understand terrorism as explosions and burning, that is, give the information received from the films. She said that young people don't always understand what is meant by the actions of a terrorist nature and its consequences.
Experts pointed to the need to pay attention to the fact that young people can easily become a weapon in the hands of terrorists, and should do everything to inform them about the gravity of the acts committed by them.
24.kg news agency decided to find out what adults, who bring up and educate children, know about terrorism.
Altynbek, private entrepreneur:
- For me, terrorism is primarily associated with the war and the various religious movements. This is fear and the death of innocent people, including children and the elderly.
Zhazgul Kenebaeva, doctor:
- Terrorists - a group of people who kill others, and are engaged in an infringement of human rights. I don't know what they are guided by, but associate terrorism with Islam, although it is a peace-loving religion. But the terrorists are doing so that everyone in the world thinks about this religion in a bad way.
- It is a way of life of a certain group of people who have been brainwashed. I believe that terrorism was born a few centuries ago in Japan. There were suicide bombers who died in the name of a particular purpose. Because people were not born as terrorists, they become them. A striking example - ISIL. A small percent of people in the world, born with disabilities, become terrorists. For terrorists, the main thing - the power and money, so people join their ranks. And it is impossible to get out from there, it's like a swamp. Look how many of our children became terrorists! People won't come to consensus on terrorism, everyone will have own opinion in this respect.
Kubatbek Kozhonaliev, lawyer:
- As a lawyer, I can say that the definition of terrorism is given in Article 226 of the Criminal Code of the Kyrgyz Republic. In everyday understanding, terrorism is committing bombings, arson and other acts of violence in order to intimidate the population and the impact on the public authorities or international organizations with the aim of forcing them to take certain decisions.
Aliya Tokoeva, the student of KNU:
- Terrorism - it's a massive terrorist attack. Everything happens against the background of religion, for example, Shamil Basayev arranged attacks in Muslim countries in order obscene movies, videos, various gay parades not to be shown. Terrorists - a group of people who do something for their own benefit, thereby destroying the competition.
Venera Khalitova, gardener:
- Terrorism is primarily the massacres associated with nationalism. Terrorism is seeking economic benefits. In 1993, there were famous events in Iran, since then it began to treat the United States aggressively, even forced them to withdraw their agents from the country. Today, unfortunately, many of the terrorists - from Central Asia. Young people don't understand what expects them. Boys join the ranks of the terrorists, because they want to make money, but become hostages of someone's ideas.
Sergey Stepanov, researcher of KRSU:
- There is the classic definition of terrorism, which is given in the dictionary. In my understanding, terrorism - is the destruction of the people in favor of some political objectives, when the issue can't be resolved peacefully. Another form of terrorism - when the mentally defective people begin to engage in terrorist activities for their own pleasure. The murder, bloodshed - they get psychological satisfaction of that. If to take the historical aspect, it can be said about the Russian Social-Revolutionaries, then the Bolsheviks, Communists. These were people with mental disabilities. Being intelligent people, close to genius, they thoroughly and successfully hid their lapse under the guise of political objectives.
Anvar Shamilev, a taxi driver:
- This is primarily mass killings, blackmail. Terrorism appears where explosions and terrorist acts take place. This phenomenon directed against certain political figures. Terrorists kill people when they are not satisfied with the policy of the country. First of all, it is a struggle for influence.
Viktor Kleimenov, mining engineer:
- Civilians in the towns and villages are afraid of going to crowded places because of terrorism. For example, shopping in a store becomes too scary for them, they always look around. There were many cases when terrorists shot innocent people in the same shop!
24.kg news agency considers it appropriate to give a definition of terrorism at the end of the survey. The dictionary defines this phenomenon as follows: the violent acts committed against persons or objects protected under national or international law. As a rule, used by extremist organizations as a method of political struggle for exerting pressure on the various subjects of international activities, primarily on the power of a state. Especially dangerous are attacks by terrorists using nuclear, chemical and biological weapons, highly toxic chemical and biological agents, as well as seizure or attempted seizure of nuclear, chemical and other industrial facilities, damage or disabling of which may increase danger to life and health. The forms of terrorism are undeclared wars, assassinations, bombings of diplomatic missions and other objects, the taking of hostages, the destruction of the international transport systems, seizure of aircraft and ships.