Emir of Kuwait will visit Kyrgyzstan in 2016. This was announced yesterday at a meeting of the President of Kyrgyzstan Almazbek Atambayev with the Emir of Kuwait - Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah.
The sides expressed interest in expanding bilateral cooperation between the two countries. Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah expressed his intention to visit Kyrgyzstan next year and wished the country and the people prosperity and well-being. In addition, the head of Kuwait proposed to discuss in detail the issues of deepening cooperation among the states at the ministerial level.
Following the talks, there has been signed a number of documents:
- Agreement between the governments of Kuwait and Kyrgyzstan on avoidance of double taxation and prevention of tax evasion with respect to taxes on income and capital;
-Agreement between the governments of Kuwait and Kyrgyzstan on economic and technical cooperation;
- Agreement on encouragement and mutual protection of investments between the governments of Kyrgyzstan and Kuwait;
- Agreement between the governments of Kuwait and Kyrgyzstan on relieve of holders of diplomatic and service passports of the Kyrgyz Republic of visa requirements of Kuwait;
- Agreement between the governments of Kuwait and Kyrgyzstan on air services;
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of Kyrgyzstan and Kuwait on bilateral consultations;
The President of Kyrgyzstan Almazbek Atambayev took part in the opening of the first meeting of the Kyrgyz-Kuwait Investment Forum. Its session was opened by the Vice-President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Kuwait Abduwahab Mohammad Abdullah Abul- Hasan. He noted the necessity to increase trade turnover between Kyrgyzstan and Kuwait.
"Relations between the two countries have great potential. Official visit of the President of Kyrgyzstan will give a new impetus to the development of cooperation, in particular, in tourism, economy and attracting investments," Abduwahab Mohammad Abdullah Abul- Hasan said.
Almazbek Atambayev noted: Kyrgyzstan has all the conditions for sustainable development, and the republic is developing the transport infrastructure, which will turn Kyrgyzstan into a transit country.
"Kyrgyzstan has gone through hard times. But there is stability in the country today. We chose a parliamentary system of government. The revenue side of the budget has grown almost three times over the past four years. The country has liberal legislation. Kyrgyzstan is a beautiful country rich in natural resources: we have large reserves of non-ferrous metals. Kyrgyzstan is the country of glaciers and the head of big rivers. Therefore, hydroelectric power plants can be built in the country," the head of the Kyrgyz Republic said.
Almazbek Atambayev invited businessmen of Kuwait to look at Kyrgyzstan with their own eyes and to study the possibility of investing in various projects. He stressed that the membership of Kyrgyzstan in the EEU provides an opportunity for cooperation.
"We are ready to create all the necessary conditions for Kuwaiti businessmen. I believe in the future of Kyrgyzstan and hope that Kyrgyzstan will have new partners after the forum," Almazbek Atambayev said.