The deputies of the Parliament at the meeting with journalists told which amendments to Kyrgyzstan's constitution will come into force in 2017.
MP Asel Koduranova said that the changes were made to 26 articles of the Constitution. The law will come into force on January 15.
According to her, only 5 articles of the Basic Law will come into force on December 1, 2017. They relate to the Parliament and the Government. To take effect, it's necessary to adopt additional laws.
Extension refers to:
- 70th article of the Constitution, which refers to the process of the factions' withdrawal from the majority coalition.
- 72nd article, related to registration of the deputy mandate with the position of the vice prime minister.
- 75th article, related to the collapse of the coalition of the parliamentary majority. The powers of the Speaker shall be confirmed by a majority vote.
- 81st article that expands the powers of the prime minister. He will be able to ask the president to veto the law on the budget. The current version of the Constitution forbids it.
- 87th article, related to personnel changes. If the president doesn't discharge an official from his post within 5 days, the prime minister can do it.