Toward the end of outgoing year 24.kg news agency decided to conduct a traditional survey and find out from its respondents whom they would name a Man of the Year.
Felix Kulov, the leader of Ar-Namys parliamentary faction:
- From the politicians I have to admit that the Man of the Year is the President Almazbek Atambayev, although I know that I will be accused of toadying. But I can explain why I consider him worthy of the title. Firstly, he wasn't afraid to say unpopular things, and secondly, wasn't afraid of not being disliked, well, third, had a very active political activity, and it should be admitted.
I would also note the best media of the year. I conducted my own survey among students, and they called 24.kg news agency. This suggests that you are read, you are believed, which means you should do your work with double sense of responsibility and publish only accurate and reliable information. I would also name AKIpress one of the best.
Melis Turganbaev, Minister of Internal Affairs of the KR:
- If to take on a global scale, it's Vladimir Putin. He does good work! Not only strong politician, but also in all respects. Man, maintaining law and order, wherein the desire to resolve conflicts peacefully. In Kyrgyzstan it is Almazbek Atambayev. Despite the criticism, I think that he works well. Doesn't steal, as the former ones. He doesn't appoint his relatives in the power. Supports the police. When I was appointed to the post, at the interview the president said: "Don't protect me, protect the people." I don't hide, I talk about it openly everywhere. This power doesn't force us to imprison unwanted, and in respect of citizens it doesn't allow us to use non-lethal weapons. At a meeting with the local population, I always say: we won't use batons and tear gas ever, but it depends on you too. One should negotiate in the framework of the law. Almazbek Atambayev calls to this.
Maksat Sabirov, the leader of Respublika parliamentary faction:
- Among the politicians? Only President Almazbek Atambayev. I could, of course, call one of the leaders of our party - Omurbek Babanov, but he is not politically active now, engaged in party building. A president is working for himself, and for the government. It is strange that my fellow deputies don't respond to it.
Cholpon Dzhakupova, director of "Adilet" Legal Clinic:
- I was touched by the act of Turdakun Usubaliev (First Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Kyrgyzstan from 1961 to 1985 - note of 24.kg news agency). He was offered a fanfare to celebrate the 90th anniversary, which he refused. Refused pomposity, from eating quintals of kucuk, kazy-karta and sheep heads. This is a unique action! In fact, this is the only case in the modern history of Kyrgyzstan, when Kyrgyz was able to resist the temptation to make the event for free. This indicates the presence of human internal culture, dignity, modesty and self-sufficiency - what is lacking in modern society. And he explained his decision by saying that people have difficulties now and it is improperly to hold pompous celebrations.
Bakytbek Amanbaev, Kyrgyzstan's ombudsman:
- I can't evaluate the work of other people. There are officials who work a lot, but make some mistakes. There are no impeccable people.
-Our previous interlocutors boldly called Almazbek Atambayev as non-alternative contender for the title of the Man of the Year. Do you think that the president is not worthy?
-That is not the issue. Do not misunderstand me, I can not voice any specific names. It would be unfair on my part.
Zhyldyzkan Dzholdoshova, the leader of Ata-Zhurt parliamentary faction:
-I would choose the stage director Sadyk Sher-Niyaz as the Man of the Year. He shot the epic film "Kurmanjan Datka". Of course, it was collective work. But he could convey the main meaning of this project by the language of cinema, for the sake of which, in fact, it was created. We wanted to unite our people, all Kyrgyz citizens, to show our youth how difficult it was for us to become independent. To demonstrate the importance of Russia and other neighboring states for us. To show that it is necessary to protect relationship with them. So, for me Sadyk Sher-Niyaz is the Man of the Year.
Julia Rutskaya, singer:
- If we take musical environment, then the great komuz player of our time Nurak Abdyrakhmanov is certainly worthy of this title. He is known to many - primarily for his unique method of teaching visually impaired children to play komuz and, of course, for his works. Unfortunately, this man has left us in summer. But reminiscence of him will be eternal.
Temir Sariev, the Kyrgyz Minister of Economy:
-By virtue of my office, I can not answer such questions. Think about it: how can I choose someone without hurting others? Therefore it is better not say anything. But I will say: the most beautiful girls work in 24.kg news agency.
Omurbek Abdyrakhmanov, the MP:
-I have principles. They are as follows: people talk about people, mediocre persons - about events, and clever - about ideas. So, I want to refer myself to the latter category.
-But a particular person or group of people stand for initiation of the idea. Isn't it?
- That's right. And I would like to mention the concept of public administration reform in Kyrgyzstan as the idea of the year, developed by me and the deputies Ismail Isakov and Ravshan Zheenbekov. So, idea of the year - this is it.
Tuigunaaly Abdraimov, the Chairman of the CEC of the Kyrgyz Republic:
- Who can I name the Man of the Year? Good question. I think our President Almazbek Atambayev. He really made a lot of good things for the country and works actively showing political will. But this is only my opinion.
Cholpon Sultanbekova, the Vice Speaker of the Parliament:
- In Kyrgyzstan, to be honest, I can't identify who would be worthy of the title, and on a global scale it is the President of Russia Vladimir Putin.
-Why exactly him?
-It seems to me that this year for the head of the Russian Federation was particularly hard and he overcomes all obstacles with dignity. And he is doing very much for his country.
Aziza Abdirasulova, the Head of Kylym Shamy human rights center:
- I would namethe director Sadyk Sher-Niyaz the Man of the Year for his film "Kurmanjan Datka". I am far from politics, so I would not mark out someone from this category. But creative work of Sher-Niyaz is truly outstanding. His film introduced the world with Kyrgyzstan, showed our history, traditions and culture. He certainly deserves this recognition in his homeland.